Wednesday, September 19, 2012

The Next Big Thing

Author Sheryl Brown tagged me to take part in “The next big thing” and answer ten questions about my current work in progress. I hope you'll enjoy it.

• What is the working title of your next book? Okay, well the one I've just started is called Lights, Camera, Poltergeist and is a follow up to Cue Me In which was my Halloween Story from last year with Astraea Press.

• Where did the idea come from for the book? The idea came from readers of Cue me In who keep asking for another story featuring Fae, her technician boyfriend John 'Flash' Flannigan and some spooky action.

• What genre does your book fall under? It's a short and sweet novella with a twist of humour and a dash of suspense

• What actors would you choose to play the part of your characters in a movie rendition? I hate this question! I never ever know how to cast my stories and can never remember actors names. Fae is tall, slim, blonde and wears kick ass boots. Flash has blue eyes, dirt blond hair and has dimples when he smiles.

• What is the one sentence synopsis of your book? Valentine's eve in a spooky Scottish country house and and Fae's heart isn't all that going 'bump' in the night.

• Will your book be self-published or represented by an agency? I'm hoping my lovely publishers at Astraea press will like it :)

• How long did it take you to write the first draft of the manuscript? I've only just started it so probably eight to ten weeks as it's going to be aprox 15kish

• What other books would you compare this story to within your genre? Hmm, people have compared my writing to Janet Evanovich so I'll take that as a lovely flattering description, how true that is I'm not sure.

• Who or what inspired you to write this book? I love architecture - old buildings fascinate me and as someone who comes from a line of women with psychic gifts then this kind of story feels quite natural. I've had lots of readers say they think Fae and Flash are series characters so I thought I'd like to do another story featuring them.

• What else about your book might pique the reader’s interest? If you like humour, suspense, ghosts, feisty heroines and something a bit different then Cue Me In and Lights, Camera, Poltergeist would probably be your thing. The writers I am tagging are:- Sheryl Brown and my fabulous CP Kimberly Menozzi

2 comments:

Pat Posner said...

Great questions and answers and the book sounds fantastic.
Nell, I remember how fascinated you were with the ruined building near our house. It's even more tumble-down now with all sorts of grasses and leaves growing through the holes in the roof.

xxPat

Nell Dixon said...

Thanks Pat. Yes, I remember that building - it was in such an extraordinary place.