Friday, December 16, 2016

Card or not to card? That is the question

Every year I see people saying they aren't sending cards this year and are giving the money to charity. Which is lovely, but, it also raises a dilemna. For those people, some of them elderly who look forward to getting a card, with a bit of a note in, every year who aren't online savvy, it can be sad when they don't hear from old friends, family etc. Christmas is a time for people, for catching up on news. It's a human time. Giving to charity is wonderful but there can be a balance. I buy charity cards and make donations - a percentage of all my book sales goes to various charities that I support all year round. The RNLI, my local hospice and the air ambulance service are my main ones. What do you all think?

No comments: