Thursday, February 17, 2011

Catching my breath!

It's all been a bit mad lately. First I had the release of Making Waves from Astraea Press Have you got your copy yet? How about now? You can read it on kindle and now on a Nook too. Anyway, then I sold Dangerous to Know to Astraea too - this is one of my slightly longer novella's that was previously in print from Moonlit Romance. There was the launch of Brief Encounters and the announcement of our upcoming anthology of short romantic stories. The news that Just Look at Me Now had won an award, a radio interview for BBC radio West Midlands defending libraries and next week I've been asked to help at 'Meeting Mr Darcy'. This is a fab event being staged on Thursday 24th Feb at 7.30 at Central Library in Dudley. Excerpts from Pride and Prejudice performed by Dudley Little Theatre and a chat from me talking about historical influences on contemporary fiction.
Today I also packed up the wonderful Betty Neels rosebowl that's been sitting on my windowsill for the last year so the new recipient can get it at the RNA Pure Passion Awards in March. There are some wonderful books and authors shortlisted this year and I know whoever wins will have a truly magical time. I feel so very honoured and privileged to have been lucky enough to win the prize twice, it changed the course of my writing career.

1 comment:

Unknown said...

As always Nell - am exhausted reading your posts. Congrats on the new work coming out.


Lx