Saturday, August 07, 2010

What a week

Well, actually it's been a pretty crap fortnight. Major stress in the day job, the company that employs Mr Nell went into administration - hopefully that's now been resolved and his job is ok, eldest belle still hobbling around on crutches, fridge freezer is on the blink and my Mom has now had a malignant cancer confirmed again, this time on her nose.
On the upside, Just Look at Me Now is out and selling well, His Darling Nurse is on kindle in the UK now and at least Mom's tumour isn't connected to the retinal cancer she had a few years ago and it sounds as if it's fixable. Mr Nell is still gainfully employed and, provided I don't have a nervous breakdown from all the stuff I need to do this week, I'll be off on holiday soon to Devon.
I might even write something while I wait for the verdict on Me, You and Him. I may even get the pictures from Jess's wedding downloaded sometime this century - sigh.

4 comments:

Jane Lovering said...

Keep your chin up, Nell, I know it's easier said than done though. It always seems twice as bad when everything hits all at once. Looking forward to reading 'Just Look at Me Now'...

Kate Hardy said...

Hugs, Nell - hope things look up for you REALLY soon xxx

Phillipa said...

((Nell)) Keep us posted how you all are and have alovely holiday. Great to se you on Friday. P x

Julie Day said...

Huge hugs for you. I feel for your husband, having recently lost my job. So glad he still has his. I hope all gets better soon and your mum's cancer is fixed. Go and enjoy your holiday.