Monday, April 04, 2011

Errands to run

Monday is my desk and errand day. It's when I sort out 'stuff'. It's amazing how 'stuff' builds up and multiplies in a week, kind of like dustbunnies under the bed or hangers in a wardrobe. I also turned over my calendar and realised I'm off to the seaside at the weekend - yay! I love being by the sea especially early and late season when there are just a few people around. I always feel inspired to write and read when I'm there. Fingers crossed we get a few sunny days, my middle belle has already found her metal detector ready for the beaches.
What settings inspire you? Are you a seaside person or more lakes and mountains? or perhaps you like to travel to foreign countries?

4 comments:

Kimberly Menozzi said...

Ohh... Nice question!

The settings which inspire me are just everyday scenes, really. I like to people-watch wherever I am, and that generally gets me going. However, I am definitely more a mountains and lakes sort of person, as opposed to the seaside. Although, like you, I enjoy the off-season by the sea. When I lived in Florida, I preferred going to the beach in the winter, especially when it was cold and windy. I'm not a sunbather in any way, so that was wonderful for me. The cold grey sea is very moving for me.

I still hope to travel to more foreign countries, although I have a lot left of Italy to explore. LOL! I really, really want to go to Belgium and France, if only in the interests of research. ;)

Unknown said...

always been the seaside for me :-)
lx

Bluestocking Mum said...

Definitely countryside. I'm lucky enough to live in a very rural location. it's very inspiring. Although the novel I'm working on is very working class/urban - Sheffield steelworks and council estate!

warm wishes

Talli Roland said...

Hm... I'm most inspired by my street. I love sitting at my desk and just staring out at all the wild and crazy people.