Monday, October 30, 2006

Tag!

Christina has tagged me, I'm supposed to reveal five things about myself which you may not have known before. It's supposed to be grist to the writers mill as explained in the note at the bottom of the post.

1. I'm a qualified Start-rite shoe fitter. I did the course when I was sixteen and working as a Saturday girl in a shoe shop. Comes in very handy when the kids need new shoes.

2. I love Blake's Seven, which was a really naff sci-fi series in the early eighties. I fell in love with Paul Darrow who played Avon. The arch villain was played by Jacqueline Pearce who tried to take over the galaxy every week wearing a different chiffon evening frock. Alas, she too was in love with Avon who thwarted her plans week after week.

3. I owned every Agatha Christie book she wrote and some of her romances. She wrote six romances in total and even a childs story book on ancient Eygypt.

4. I met the Duke of Edinburgh when I was fifteen and my picture was in the local paper. He arrived by helicopter at the local playing fields where we were all doing these little demonstration things for him. I was demonstrating first aid with my friend, Elaine. He was grumpy and disinterested and we weren't very impressed.

5. I am allergic to all kinds of really silly things but by far the most ridiculous is Tinsel. Yes, I'm allergic to the shiny gold and silver stuff you put on Christmas trees. (Please, no tinsellitis jokes!) I only have to touch the stuff and my skin comes up in itchy red hives.

A note from Sharon, the creator of People Collection posts: "PLEASE LEAVE THE FOLLOWING IN ALL ‘PEOPLE COLLECTION’ POSTS:Remember that it isn’t always the sensational stuff that writers are looking for, it can just as easily be something that you take for granted like having raised twins or knowing how to grow beetroot. Mind you, if you know how to fly a helicopter or have worked as a film extra, do feel free to let the rest of us know about it :-)"

So now you know - I tag Jessica and Lis!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh, Nell, I love Blake's too! I just wish they'd made another series instead of killing them off. The sexual chamistry between Avon and Servalan was amazing.

Janet ch.

Nell Dixon said...

I know, the screen used to sizzle when they were on together.

Anonymous said...

Ah, now I have to think :o) Okay, will put this up tomorrow! *g*

Jessica Raymond said...

LOL at "trying to take over the galaxy every week wearing a different chiffon evening frock"!

Just done my list :)

Jess x

Anonymous said...

OMG! Blake's Seven. That really takes me back! I loved that show too. I was completely ticked off with that ending!