Monday, November 06, 2006

And the winner is....

Drumroll please...

Making Waves - thanks to everyone who came up with ideas. It really helped and it was so nice to hear from everyone. Bamabelle, please drop me an email to helen@nelldixon.com with your snail addy and I'll sort out something nice to send you :)
I finished c8 of Dangerous to Know and I'm onto chapter 9. I'm also 500 words into Making Waves (formerly LOTR ggg) Cassidy and Josh are about to get a big surprise!

Work is still being a PITA but I've decided my boss gets paid way more than me so I'm just going to smile sweetly, say no and give out her name and phone number when all these people try giving me more stuff to do that really isn't my field. I am not a social worker, I am not a doctor, I am not a paediatric nurse, geriatric nurse or psychologist.
I am also not superwoman - I know I shattered a few illusions there, but trust me, I'm really not, and if things don't get dealt with then I'm going to be ill and my health isn't terrific at the best of times.
I feel bad that some of my clients are not going to get a service but I can't run such a big caseload over such a big area without making cuts. So to ensure the most vulnerable get care I've had to bite the bullet.

2 comments:

Jessica Raymond said...

(((Nell)))

Definitely the right thing to do. I know how much you care for your patients and your babies but there really is only so much you can do, and if the work keeps getting layered on then you'll be under too much pressure to give your best.

I really hope things get easier very, very soon xxx

Unknown said...

Nell,

Thank you so much for the prize! I enjoyed the contest, and reading everyone's great suggestions!

I am sorry to hear that your work is tumultuous right now. I can relate. It sounds as if you are doing your best, and others need to start doing their best as well. One person, even Superwoman lol, cannot do everything alone.