Sunday, April 05, 2009

So close

One and a half chapters left to go - okay so the last chapter may be a tad long and I already snuck in an extra chapter. This is already the longest first draft I ever wrote - even longer than Animal Instincts, the book that wouldn't end and this one is heading the same way. I'm hoping this means I'm improving and adding in more layers on my first drafts so there'll be less work in the aditing stage but I have a feeling it's simply because I keep falling too much in love with my stories. Poor Zee is having a tough ride at the moment - living teenage mistakes when you're touching thirty can do that to a girl.
My horse finished yesterday but didn't place - he's one to watch for the future though as he's a young horse. What a race - wow! I was on the edge of my seat with the drama and had a real lump in my throat for the stunned winning jockey on his first National ride on a 100 to one outsider - the stuff of dreams. That's why I love the National so much.

4 comments:

Unknown said...

I hope the words continue to flow today and you can sat - first draft complete!
lx

Phillipa said...

Good luck with the book - the finishing post is in sight! My Wil was placed - and my mum backed him too on my tip BUT we lost out in total. The bookie always wins.

Christina Phillips said...

LOL. The book I'm writing now feels like it's never going to end, either!!

Julie Day said...

I know what you mean about writing too much in the draft, that's what happened with the book I'm now revising. It originally was just over 60,000 words which I thought was too long for tweens and have now managed to cut it down to over 51,000. Still trying to cut it down to 50,000. You will get there, as I have done.