Wednesday, July 01, 2009

ants and sticks

Do you ever have days where you feel a bit like one of those ants that you see scurrying around carrying a big bit of twig? They never put the twig down but are just busy, busy, busy. Well, that's how I feel right now. I might as well move in at the high school, I'm there so often for one thing and another - inductions, awards, parents evenings.
Then work at the day job is manic - interviews, abstracts, academic papers, visits, research and hands on garden stuff.
Somehwere in the craziness I'm going to the RNA conference soon at Penrith, am writing my contracted book, editing - two sold books and playing with my speculative almost half done book which my agent is feeding back to me on in the next couple of weeks.
I'm looking forward to the end of term and my next holiday then maybe I can put this twig down for a bit - it's hard work being an ant.

2 comments:

Julie Day said...

Yes, I often have days here at work where I feel I'm busy, busy and busy and don't get time to myself. Wish I was going to the conference as it sounds really good this year but too far for me to go. Def next year. Have a good time there and say hi to everyone from me.

Katie Reus said...

You are not alone! That's been my life the past two weeks. Looking forward to the weekend ;) Have fun at your conference!