Sunday, February 01, 2009

Waiting for snow

We're supposed to get snow in the next couple of days. The sky is surly and leaden while the trees seem to be waiting. It's certainly cold enough outside. The wind is building and every now and again I see the remains of the long dead dry brown leaves of the Hawthorns swirl past my window. It's the kind of weather to make you want to stay in, curl up by the fire with a good book or an old film and a mug of hot chocolate.
Last night was movie night for me and the Shagster aka eldest belle. When Mr Nell is on nights we get to watch chick flicks in our jammies. Last night was Pretty in Pink - such a fun film with all the Eighties stuff going on in there and such great lines 'Blaine? His name is Blaine? That's not a name, it's a major appliance.' And who doesn't get a lump in their throat for the unrequited love of the Duckman.
I also got to read a good book. Janet Gover's The Farmer Needs A Wife - lovely stuff - seriously - go buy a copy, you won't be sorry.
For the next treat on our wintry weekend tonight is Dancing on Ice and the leg-end that is the fabulously unco-ordinated Todd Carty.

3 comments:

Pat Posner said...

Your wintry weekend sounds great, Nell.
I just hope the ice will only be on your tv screen, I so do not want any more snowy or icy weather.

xxPat

Judy Jarvie said...

Lol re Blaine--the appliance of science.

Will go buy Farmer Needs A Wife on your recommendation. I love a good read. jx

Unknown said...

I *heart* Pretty In Pink!! I loved Ducky. Did you know that the original ending had Andie end up with Duckie. They changed it because they needed to speed up filming as Molly Ringwald was ill. Or so I have been told.