Tuesday, October 16, 2007

Done

I've finished editing or rather aditing Blue Remembered heels. I need to do another read through and then send it off once more to my editor for her opinion. As you all know I've mentioned before my propensity to underwrite and I adit rather than edit because the book has grown almost another 3K during this process.
I think the story is stronger because of the changes - most of which are really very minor, but lots of minor additions soon grow into larger ones.
I'm looking forward to getting back into Animal Instincts too, the plot has been fermenting while I've been away from it so it will be nice to leave Abbey and Mike to return to Clodagh and Jack.
On a more personal front it seems my medical appointments have been messed up so I need to call at my doctors tomorrow to get my hip appointments sorted out.

4 comments:

Lis said...

*hugs* On your med appointments, hope everything is sorted out soon!

And YAY *pops open champers bottle* on finishing your adits!! Go you!!

Michelle Styles said...

Hooray on finishing your adits.LOL.

I am sure it is a stronger book.

Unknown said...

Good luck with the medical appointments. I love adits :-)

Barbara Hannay said...

Have just realised I'm an aditer (aditor??), too. Thanks for that new word, Nell. I am always worried about boring the reader, so i keep my writing as tight as I can.