Thursday, October 18, 2007

Finally

I've managed to sort out my medical appointments. The choose and book system as I've mentioned before is a farce. It allows the illusion of choice but in reality it simply creates another bureaucratic maze to negotiate. My appointment to see the orthopoedic team has taken two car journeys and five phone calls to arrange. At least I finally have a date now on the 7th of Nov so hopefully my treatment can start. The rest has helped a lot but only while I continue to rest. Any activity, driving, walking etc starts it all off again and unfortunately my back is sore again too. It's a bit like the chicken and the egg - which came first? Does my back make my hips bad or is it my hip problem that throws my back into spasm?
We're heading to the sea again on Saturday - just for a few days - back to Burnham where we went in May. The plan is to do some Christmas shopping and get the girls new trainers and boots from the Clarks shopping village at Street. I must admit I'm looking forward to the break - I'm still recovering from all the problems with the day job and it'll be good to be in a different place.
Writing wise I'm moving on with chapter two of Animal Instincts and also a short story for another little project that I have in mind. (Yes, Allison, this is the story with Muriel the fairy)

1 comment:

Janet Ch said...

Muriel the Fairy?
You've hooked me. Do tell us some more.