Friday, June 05, 2009

It's back!

you knew I would be watching! Yes Big Brother is back with another collection to entertain me for the summer. This group appeared to include the childcatcher from Chitty Chitty Bang Bang, Wolverine, a girl with an inflatable bust, a punk and one of my best friend's nephew! (He's the Russell Brand lookalikee Chris) I thought he looked familiar but last time I saw him he had a crewcut and really you don't expect to see someone you know - albeit vaguely - on TV.
The first night included a Brazillian boy shaving the eyebrows off a pretty Irish girl then drawing glasses and a moustache on her face with permanent marker. I love that BB never pretends to be something it isn't. It doesn't pretend to be educational or to expose some sad seedy secret. Instead it provides a brilliant and bonkers sideshow of human behaviour.
Davinia 'Shouty' Mcall was there too of course, dressed in a binbag and pretending everyone going into the house was sane. Looking forward to the next few weeks to see how everyone shakes down.

No comments: