Thursday, June 25, 2009

shrinking

I wore some trousers today that I'd forgotten I'd got. I haven't worn them for about three years because they were a bit tight but now they fit! Yay. I'm glad my scales aren't working because I think if I weighed myself and I was heavier than I think I might be then I'd start to get disheartened. This way, just knowing how my clothes are fitting is really motivating me. I'm not dieting, just trying to have smaller portions, watching that my calories aren't mega excessive, trying to eat more salad and vegetables, making sure I have breakfast everyday and walking more on the flat whenever I can.
I tried on my navy suit that I had for the Savoy today too. It was a snug fit when I bought it but today I had to take the trousers in just a little bit and it fits the best it's ever done - not loose - but comfortable. Hope this keeps up, I might even get back to my prechildren weight in time - only another umpteen million pounds to go.

3 comments:

Phillipa said...

Clothes feeling looser - isn't that a great feeling? (does not happen to me lately) and I will never be back to pre baby weight - i was 23 and 8 1/2 stone.

Nell Dixon said...

Well, I'm not sure I'll ever achieve it either - it would mean losing a LOT of weight but at the moment so long as things keep moving in the right direction then I'm happy.

Phillipa said...

Yeah and I like my food and wine too much to bother!charlotte9