Thursday, June 04, 2009

X marks the spot

Today is polling day in the UK for the European elections. I know a lot of people are very disenchanted right now with politicians of all parties. Even so please use your vote. I personally don't care who you vote for, even though there are some factions out there that clearly are not very desirable, but I do care that people exercise their democratic rights. If you don't know who do vote for then choose the party you think will do the least harm.
If you don't vote then don't complain that you don't like the policies that affect your life. Do something about it - Go vote!

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think that I should apply to represent folks at the European Parliament. I love Strasbourg and am willing to suffer and eat in wonderful restaurants/drink Alsace wine and attend long meetings where I can pretend to take notes but actually write romance fiction.
Would you vote for me if I ask nicely? LOL.

Nell Dixon said...

You'd be great!

Liz Fielding said...

Maybe you should join the celebs lining up to stand for parliament, Nina. Loads of possibilities for your party name. There's the Buy a Book and Make an Author Happy Party, or the Pink Rose Party or the Romantic Novelists Tea Party... Actually, maybe we should put up a candidate everywhere. Like that television series last year -- Mrs Potter for Prime Minister?

Liz -- who did it the lazy way and voted by post.