Saturday, March 17, 2007

Weekend whirl

I lost another half a pound at weightwatchers on Thursday. Not bad considering I'd been ill. Yesterday was comic relief aka rednose day here in the UK. I personally hate this event. I know lots of people love it but I find it unfunny, patronising and pointless. There are much better more effective ways of giving to people who need money than comic relief.
Today apparantly is St Patrick's day. Another day that for some reason is starting to become very irritating. If you're Irish then fabulous, have a great time but if you're not then why pretend to be just so you can go and have too much to drink. I'm not irish, not even a bit irish I have no desire to be irish even though I know some lovely irish folks so I don't want to fake being irish - aaagggghhhhhh. (Sorry)
Tomorrow is Mothering Sunday - so I'm about to whizz off to collect flowers for my Mom and MIL and find a card and present for my friends birthday on Monday - Happy Birthday Susanne if you're reading this. It's also supposed to snow tomorrow - really snow - so that'll be interesting.
Writing wise I haven't done much for two days. Well, that's not strictly true. I've been thinking a lot and juggling stuff in my head about plots and storylines, so hopefully I'll be back on form in the next few days again.

1 comment:

Amanda Ashby said...

Nell, I SOOO agree with you about Red Nose day. For a start the amount of money it costs to run it all could just go straight to charity instead of having rich celebrities trying to convince poor people to part with their dosh.