Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Happy Birthday La


My youngest belle, Miss La, is 11 today. In September she starts senior school and I can't quite believe she's that old already. When she was born I already had two children under four years of age, one of whom was a prem baby with health issues. Mr Nell was seriously ill with a longterm medical complaint that was still being stabilised. We had a business to run and I was working as a health visitor in a very demanding post.
Fortunately I managed to carry her to term although she was my third caesarian birth but she was actually quite a good baby. Now she's getting all grown up and ready to take on a whole new set of things that will be very different from the sheltered environment of her tiny village school. One things for sure though, she'll always be my baby.

4 comments:

Kate Hardy said...

Lovely pic, Nell. Happy birthday, Miss La (and you share your birthday with my eldest, who's a year older than you are and really enjoying senior school, so I'm sure you'll have a great time in September too).

Phillipa said...

Many Happy returns, Miss La!

P x

Julie Day said...

Wish her many happy returns. I know what you mean about not believing she's that old already. I couldn't believe it when my youngest nephew started secondary school in September just gone. Where did the time go?

Lis said...

A belated Happy Birthday La! :)