Sunday, August 29, 2010

While I was gone

Well, the eldest belle managed to get 9 GCSE's A* to C grade and is enrolling in college this Tuesday. She's going to a local sixth form college and is really excited about starting her A level courses. The youngest belle is in France with her friend and is entertaining us with her daily texts. I'm busy ploughing through the laundry mountain. I had a lovely email from a reader telling me how much she loved Just look at me Know which made my day for me.
I also met some lovely people while I was away - a big Hi to Brix Books on the harbourside at Brixham and to Jill at Waterstones in Exeter. If you're quick both shops have a small amount of signed stock of my books but you need to be quick as they are going fast.
We had mixed weather while we were away but on the whole it was pretty good. All of us were sad to leave Devon, fingers crossed we'll be able to be back there again soon.

9 comments:

Jane Lovering said...

Congrats to your belle! Isn't it wonderful now that exams are over for a while? Hope you enjoyed Exeter (my home town) during your Devonshire voyage.

Phillipa said...

Congrats on Belle's great results. P x

Michelle Styles said...

Oh that is good news about your eldest belle!
I had wondered.

Nell Dixon said...

Hi Jane, I love Exeter - we never spend enough time there. I really want to do the tunnels next time we go.

Nell Dixon said...

Thanks Pip

Nell Dixon said...

Thanks Michelle, I was thinking of your daughter too and wondering how she got on.

Michelle Styles said...

My daughter had her AS and did fine. She got her A in geography which was important but needs to work on her other subjects. It becomes a marks game now...

Janet Ch said...

Congrats to eldest belle--a great set of result!

Nell, your Spring newsletter just arrived in my hotmail inbox. (Strange that it should pop up now.)

Nell Dixon said...

I think my mail out has gone awry - the summer mail out should have gone out but I think the email thingy has gone a bit bonkers