Friday, October 20, 2006

Achieving a dream

When I started writing seriously again, three years ago after a ten year break I had a list of ambitions.
To be published.
To write for Peoples Friend and Mills and Boon.
To have a review in the Romantic Times.
To be on a best seller list.
To walk into the Asda where I worked and see my book on the shelf.
At the time I had no idea if I would ever achieve any of these, they were just dreams...
I've achieved some of them, others I'm still working towards. I've seen one of my books on sale at Asda, I've been published and sold to Peoples Friend. This weekend I'm a step closer to another one on the list, seeing a review for Things to Do in the Romantic Times. Thanks to two wonderful people (Tiana and Jean Marie) Hopefully Things to Do should be reviewed in the March edition. To say I am terrified and excited all at the same time is a huge understatement. It's like being on a rollercoaster when you've been cranked up the slope and are poised ready for the first exhilerating drop.
I have the print proofs to read for Things to Do this weekend and a new print date of December 19th. Eek!!
Now about those other ambitions......

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Nell, wow, a review at Romantic times? Your list has some wonderful goals, and many congrats on achieving some of them!

Jessica Raymond said...

Yay, can't wait to see TTD in RT! x

Sara Hantz said...

WOW, Nell..... that's so exciting!!

Nell Dixon said...

I know, I can't quite believe it!

Phillipa said...

Well done on achieving your goals Nell. Now you need another list!