Saturday, June 02, 2007

Awards

I just got home from Wales to the news that my good friend, Phillipa Ashley has won the Joan Hessayon New Writers award for her wonderful debut book, Decent Exposure. Jessica Raymond and I had the great pleasure of attending the launch party for Phillipa's book and she, along with Allison Littlehales is one of my coffee and cake writer buddies. There were eleven books up for the award including Jessica's Haunted Hearts, Judy Jarvie's Taking the Leap (A great showing there by Moonlit Romance!) and my other writing friend Anna Lucia's debut book from Medallion press.
I'll blog about my hols tomorrow and my quest for Mr Darcy in Tenby but I couldn't wait to congratulate all the nominees and especially Phillipa!

1 comment:

Phillipa said...

Nell - when is the next coffee/cake day? And what is this about Mr Darcy?