Wednesday, June 13, 2007

Tum ti tum ti tum

I'm guest-blogging today on the Samhain blog, looking at Sleepers - those books that take a while to hook you in and Keepers, how many of these turn out to be books you can't bear to part with. For some reason it posted twice on there - argh - I find their blog really hard to use for some reason. I don't think it is really, it's just that I'm crap with anything vaguely technical.
Still waiting on baby news from Judy and medical news from M&B.
This week is really testing my patience gene for some reason - I don't know why. I know that the editors are really busy and it's always a bit crazy at this time of year. I've been trying to keep busy writing Blue Remembered Heels. I can't do any more on my med partials until I know something one way or another. One, I might be repeating an error if they don't buy Charlie and two, my writing time is so limited I can't afford to spend it on a speculative sale when I've other publishers and agents interested in new material. That's why I thought the more I get done on BRH, then if M&B do want Charlie my time will be free then to carry on the meds I have outined and part written depending which story they'd most like to see first.
So I'll carry on trying to distract myself and perfect this patience business.

5 comments:

Lis said...

*hugs* on the stressful week. Fingers crossed for good news on Charlie soon!!

Jessica Raymond said...

Check out Judy's blog for the baby announcement :) Hugs on Charlie... Hopefully it won't be much longer until you hear back from Richmond. And I think you're being very wise about deciding where to spend your current writing time.

Jess x

Unknown said...

Breathe.......sending hugs :-)

Sandy M said...

keep trying to sign up for your newsletter and your email is bouncing back. thanks

Nell Dixon said...

Dunno what's up with that, Sandy. I'll have to check it out with my webman. Thanks for letting me know.